Zoom classes from North Woods Yoga
HOW TO USE ZOOM FOR ONLINE CLASSES
- Go to http://www.zoom.us to download the free version of zoom to your device (iPhone, iPad, laptop, etc.). Don't worry that it says it's only for 40 minutes, that's for hosting.
- Buy classes at northwoodsyoga.com with the Zoom classes online payment form.
- Email Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know which class you want and you are using, for example, "the 3rd class from your punch card of 8 classes."
- Mary sends you the link for that class, and you log onto zoom up to a half hour early and enter the meeting ID and password from the link and you are in!
- At first we can all hear each other and it's your choice whether the video is on you, but when class begins the class participants need to mute themselves so I can be heard. Otherwise the microphone switches to you when you make a noise. To not share video of yourself, just click on the icon of the video camera and it just shows your name. I would like to see you, though, and can give verbal adjustments sometimes.
- It's OK for two people to take the class from your single device, no need to use two classes.
- It's OK to change to another class, if you can’t attend for some reason, please just email Mary and let her know.
There will be a break in our schedule during the 4th of July week. Mary will not give class from July 2-6th, which affects us for three classes, Thursday Friday and Monday during that time. Mary will send anyone who wants to use a recording to practice during that time , a recording of a previous class if you ask ahead of those days.
Starting June 1st, all times EST
Monday, Wednesday Friday 9:30-10:45 am
Tuesday 5 pm-6:15 pm
Thursday 3-4:15 pm
SPECIAL ZOOM OFFERINGS
Four week Pranayama course, June 9th- June 30th, 8-8:45 am, EST.
The props needed for this course are a few blankets, a bolster or one fashioned from blankets, (which I will show you how to do) , and a clear quiet place to practice. A year of asana practice is suggested as certain actions should already be known, such as drawing the shoulder blades in from back to front. If you are not versed in that, all your attention would be there. Some of the practice will be supine, some seated. As its our first online session of pranayama I will cover the basics first. You may have your coffee or tea, but don’t eat breakfast, or if you are not in this time zone, its best to have an empty stomach. The fee for the course is $50 and you can pay using the ‘other amount’ button on the zoom classes payment page of the website.
Please send me an email if you are signing up.
The classes you buy from the website to use on Zoom will not expire before the end of the summer. You keep track of class usage yourself, (Mary recommends a sticky note on your computer as your ‘class card’). You need to request the classes you want by emailing Mary, (which is no problem) but you can also do it for the whole week at once and have all that week's codes available should you decide to join. Request classes saying for example, "I’m using class 4 of 8, as a way to keep count." Your classes are not counted by how many codes Mary sends you.
Classes are ‘mixed level’, so you need to take the offering or version of the asana that matches your experience level. It’s fine to try something new, if you go slowly and stay aware of your capacity.
You and the members of your household may use the same class punch to take class.
If you have been a student at northwoodsyoga and have lost your job, etc., please let Mary know and she can make the classes happen for you.